Daniel prophecy matches Umar the caliph following Abu Bakr after Mohammad the False Prophet. The Bible gives 31 accurate prophecies about a future Islamic king in Daniel 11: 36-45. Many believe this person is the future Antichrist, but it is not. Umar the second Islamic caliph fulfilled all 31 prophecies of Daniel–exactly!
Every point Daniel uses about this King accurately describes the life, conquests and unique death of the Islamic caliph Umar. Daniel wrote about Umar 1,200 years before it happened. Only the Bible has accurate prophecy. Books not inspired by God, such as the Islamic Koran, have no fulfilled prophecy.
Daniel was taken captive in 605 BC as part of the Babylonian captivity of Israel. Daniel finished his work around the year 530 BC, shortly after the capture of Babylon by Cyrus of Persia in 539 BC. In the book of Daniel (Daniel 11:36-45 and 7:23-25) he sees a future king who treats the Holy People very badly.
This King defeats three kings, invades Israel, order two abominations (Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque) set up on the Temple Mount, and changes the set times and laws.
Umar Ordered Twin Abominations on Temple Mount
Al-Aqsa Mosque on the Wing Dome of the Rock in Outer Court
After Mohammad died in 632, his first caliph successor was Abu Bakr. When Abu Bakr died in 634, Umar took his place as the second caliph. Umar was Islamic caliph from 634 to 644 and was responsible for most Islamic victories in the Middle East. Umar matches all the of Daniel prophecies.
45 He will pitch his royal tents between the seas at [or the sea and] the beautiful holy mountain. Yet he will come to his end, and no one will help him.
Daniel Prophecy Fulfilled by Umar’s Actions 634-644
1. “The king will do as he pleases” (Umar was never defeated in battle)
2. “He will exalt and magnify himself above every god” (Umar was above the “false” non-gods)
3. “Say unheard-of things against the God of gods” (Umar despised the true God–the Trinity)
4. “Show no regard for the gods of his ancestors” (Umar’s tribe and father were polytheist)
5. “But will exalt himself above them all” (Umar was above the “false” non-gods)
6. “Instead of them, he will honor a god of fortresses” (Umar honored the new god Allah)
7. “He will honor with gold and silver” (Umar used taxes and war booty to build Mosques for Allah)
8. “He will attack the mightiest fortresses with…a foreign god” (Allah was key to his victories)
9. “Greatly honor those who acknowledge him” (Umar paid very high salaries to subordinates)
10. “He will make them rulers over many people” (Umar conquered many countries)
11. “Distribute the land at a price” (Umar kept defeated people on the land in exchange for taxes)
12. “The king of the South will engage him in battle” (Umar wins in Upper and Lower Egypt)
13. “The king of the North will storm out against him” (Umar battled with Heraclius)
14. “He will invade many countries” (Umar invaded most countries in the Middle East)
15. “He will also invade the Beautiful Land” (Umar conquered Jerusalem and Palestine)
16. “Many countries will fall” (Umar conquered most countries in the Middle East)
17. “Edom, Moab and the leaders of Ammon will be delivered from his hand” (These areas were occupied during 630-634 before Umar was caliph, and escaped his wrath)
18. “He will extend his power over many countries” (Umar conquered all the Middle East)
19. “Egypt will not escape” (Umar conquered Egypt)
20. “Gain control of the treasures…and the riches of Egypt” (Umar took booty and taxed Egypt)
21. “The Libyans and Cushites in submission” (Umar conquered North Africa)
22. “Reports from the east and north will alarm him” (He fought Persian and Byzantine empires)
23. “He will pitch his royal tents…at the holy mountain” (Umar was in Jerusalem Temple Mount)
24. “He will come to his end, and no one will help him” (Umar was stabbed in a Mosque in public)
25. “The ten horns are ten kings” (Umar defeated 10 nation-states)
26. “He will subdue three kings” (Umar defeated Heraclius, Yazdgerd III, and Kushan Sahi king)
27. “He will speak against the Most High” (Umar despised the true God–the Trinity)
28. “Oppress his holy people” (Umar conquered Jerusalem and Palestine, and other areas)
29. “Try to change the set times” (Umar invented the Islamic calendar and its widespread use)
30. “And the laws” (Umar developed Sharia law and installed Islamic judges throughout the lands)
31. “Delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time” (Umar set up plans for Al-Aqsa Mosque (706) and Dome of the Rock (687-691) on Temple Mount, to mark 1242 and 1260 years exactly until Jews return to Israel in 1948, the 3 ½ years of days)
The Library tab has articles that explain each lesson in further detail.
Click here to email us.